Aurora HDR | I’m loving it!
Have you checked out Aurora HDR yet?
Its pretty awesome! I’ve been working with it since it launched and can now say I have a handle on how it works, and how to get the results I want from it. As with any new software, there is a learning curve. Aurora HDR has a lot to offer (i.e. a lot of functionality and a lot to learn).
The photo above is a handheld 3 exposure bracketed series from the Pismo Beach Pier a couple of weeks ago. I used a preset for the overall effect and then used layers to apply the detailed effect to select areas.
What I love:
- Great creative controls – lots of sliders to play with
- Layers & masking – want to add an effect to only a part of your photograph? Aurora has you covered!
- Beautiful results
- User friendly interface, like all Macphun software
What I *hope* is being addressed in future updates:
- Colors – Skies are often oversaturated and not natural looking at the default setting (it can be fixed, though)
- Clouds – This program on occasion does some funky stuff with clouds (strange colors and such). Recent updates have greatly improved this, but I still have the odd photo that I just can’t get to look right.
Like all new software, there have been a few bugs; BUT Macphun has been prompt about releasing updates and making the software even better.
Save on Aurora HDR
Aurora HDR would make a great holiday gift (for you or another photographer you love)!
Save $10 on Aurora HDR when you enter promo code ANGANDRIEUX at checkout. Not quite ready to buy? Click here to try Aurora HDR for FREE!
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means that I may receive a commission if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase. I only share products that I believe will be valuable to my readers (most of which I personally use and love). All opinions are my own.
Disclosure: One of the ways I support this website is by partnering with awesome companies, whose products I use and love. These partnerships allow me to earn a small commission when you make a purchase through one of my affiliate links, but there is no additional cost for you. Thank you for your support!
GET EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS WHEN A NEW ARTICLE IS PUBLISHED!
Leave a Comment