Last week I had the opportunity to grab a coffee with a dear friend at Cure coffeehouse in downtown Norfolk. Prior to grabbing coffee we stopped next door and picked up a couple of French macarons at Hummingbird Macarons. Once we sat down with our cappuccini (plural of cappuccino in Italiano) we proceeded to stage our treats and take photos for Instagram. (It was a treat in itself to go out with a friend who also enjoys photographing/Instagramming tasty food!)
Processing iPhone DNG with Instagram
I captured my photo with Lightroom Mobile which give me a RAW DNG file. I did a quick edit in Lightroom Mobile (cropping & noise reduction), applied an Instagram filter (X-pro II, I think), and then posted it online. Find me on Instagram at @angandrieux.
While I love the convenience of capture + edit on my iPhone it can’t take the place of using desktop software and seeing the edits on a large screen. Today I decided to rework my cappuccino photo with Luminar to see how it handled a RAW DNG from my iPhone 7+.
Processing iPhone DNG with Luminar
I started over with the RAW DNG file from my iPhone 7+ and came up with this version:
Either way, I like the photo – but the quality of the Luminar version far surpasses what I was able to do with an Instagram filter.
Luminar Valentine’s Day Bundle
Give Luminar a try and see what this powerful photo editor can do for you! Purchase by February 19, 2017 and get:
- Luminar, super-charged photo software for any Mac photographer
- Vivid Wonderland Luminar preset pack
- Pose like the Pros: Family Photos – eBook
- Top 25 Places to Shoot the Most Romantic Photos -eBook
- Creative Sky Overlays (include 166 Color Sky Overlays, 69 Landscape & Ocean overlays)
Macphun is offering this package for $69 (a $139 value). BONUS: Save an additional $10 by entering coupon code “angandrieux” at checkout!
- Support for Photoshop smart objects & actions
- Improved batch processing
- Improved crop angles and sensitivity
- Improved color temperature tool
- Speed improvements when working with filters
- Rotate image tool
- RAW processing speed improvements
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links which means that I may receive a commission if you click on one of the product links and make a purchase. I only share products that I believe will be valuable to my readers (most of which I personally use and love). All opinions are my own.